Mario Kart Maddness..

In 1993 Nintendo introduced a game that would forever change the lives of millions of people. The hype and excitement surrounding the release of this game was minuscule. People had no idea that this simple, childish game would start a legacy and lifestyle that continues to grow today. For nearly 20 years Mario Kart has swept the world like the black plague and shows no signs of dieing off. Over the years, Nintendo has come out with 7 versions of the game making it one of the most successful video game series in history. Mario Kart was ranked the number one game in 2009 by the Guinness book of world records, gamers edition, but fell to 47th in 2010. The latest  Mario Kart released was in 2008 for the Nintendo Wii system. There was a large amount of hype surrounding the release of this game which is the main reason it was game of the year in 2009.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=065E490PGc4[/youtube]

During the past few years first person shooter games have overpowered the typical video game. Expanding upon graphics and online multi-player capabilities, this style of game has swept the globe and has no signs of slowing down. Although, Mario Kart may not top the charts this year, it is known worldwide as the best racing game series ever.

Over the years, Nintendo incorporated new characters in every version they created. In 1992 the original Super Mario Kart had only 8 characters. Now, the most recent Mario Kart for the Nintendo Wii has 25 characters to choose from. There is a character for every type of player out there. The most amazing part about this game series is how no matter how many times you play, it feels like the first time every time. With the much anticipated release of the most recent Mario Kart, don't be surprised if you see it topping the charts again.

6 thoughts on “Mario Kart Maddness..

1. I loved this game when I was a kid! It's wonderful to know that there are still some old-school gamers out there. Makes me proud to grow up in the 90's.

But as wonderful as it is to have Mario Kart still alive and Nintendo continuing these games - I am envious of the generation who are growing up with these high-end graphic and interactive games when my generation had... Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, The Sega Genesis, etc.

But then again

2. not really since what the children of the 90's had is considered as "The Godfather" so-to-speak.

Sorry for the split comment! >_<

3. This game is the truth, best game of my childhood by far. I am a simple guys, so all of these complex games are throwing me off.

4. I was very encouraged to find this site. I wanted to thank you for this special read, mario is great game. I definitely savored every little bit of it and I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post.

5. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic nevertheless I'd figured I'd ask.
    Would you be interested in trading links or maybe guest authoring a blog post or
    vice-versa? My site addresses a lot of the same topics as yours and I feel we could greatly benefit
    from each other. If you're interested feel free to shoot me an email. I look forward to hearing from you! Superb blog by the way!